Solo leveling Manhwa Review

Hello There!!!
Yeah it's me again. Remember what I told you in my previous post if you wanted to become the strongest??? But what if you don't want to go bald? Yeah that's what happens in the manhwa (Korean comic) I'm talking about today, "Solo Leveling". If you are into anime you will have heard of this name recently. The anime two seasons right now and the third season is in production. It won the crunchyroll anime of the year 2024. I started watching the first season of the show without any hope that it will be good but the show blew my mind. I couldn't wait for the second season, so I started reading the manhwa. The premise of the story is simple but it was executed well.
The story of Solo Leveling is set in a world where portals to monster-filled dimensions, called Gates, have appeared randomly, primarily in South Korea. These Gates lead to dungeons, structured like RPG levels, and require "Hunters" to clear them. Hunters are individuals with awakened supernatural abilities, ranked from E to S, with S being the highest. Normally power can't be increased but the story follows Sung Jinwoo, initially the weakest Hunter, who gains the ability to level up, deviating from the established system. The setting blends modern-day Earth with fantasy elements like dungeons, monsters, and magical powers.
Sung Jinwoo became a hunter to help his family. His mother suffers from a condition called Eternal Slumber, a coma-like illness that renders people unable to tolerate mana and his sister is still in high school. His dad went missing on a Dungeon raid. He is the only one earning for his family. 
Once Sung Jinwoo reawakened he starts aura farming in each and every Pannel he is in. 

The mystery of the level up system is the most important part of the story.
 It's the thing that keeps you from stop reading the manhwa until the mystery is solved, after that the high tension of the story keeps you from stop reading it.

The writing of most of the characters are not as good as the writing of Sung or few of my favorite characters. It is the problem I'm concerned about in the manhwa. I never read the light novel, so I don't know if the character deapth is better in the original story. 

Few of my favorite characters from the story are Ashborn and chairman Go Gumhee. 
Ashborn is the former shadow Monarch before Sung Jinwoo (the system is created to make Sung Jinwoo into a perfect vessel for him) he is one of the well written characters in the story. 

Now it's time to talk about Chairman Go Gunhee. 
I don't know the actual reason for why I like him but you may assume that he is one of the coolest characters in the story. 

Yeah, that's it for now. 
For more content and updates follow my the Manga Urukaay channel on WhatsApp: https://whatsapp.com/channel/0029VaC0o3v23n3iJvMx3N3T

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

That Night

A Love Triangle

Transformers: Deception ; Chapter 1