I AM NO HERO

Hey guys!!! It's been a while since I posted. Here is a short story I cooked up last night. Feel free to give me your feedbacks. Now let's enjoy this gritty, grounded and thriller piece of fiction. 


I am no hero 
Author : Balasrinikesh Dhanavel aka Bala on SnipFic 

"Let's hope I find it today" I said, hiding my bag behind the dumpster after putting on my Spider-Man mask.
Fortunately there is no drug dealers disturbing me today.
I jumped over the compound wall when the security was away.
I started patrolling my college's parking and its surrounding. There were no vehicles like always.
I jumped out searching for other leads like what I always do after eating my stale sandwich.

I've been searching for my lost motorcycle for days, I got no leads on what happened to it neither do the police, so I took things to my own hands. But the people started to call me the Scarlet Spider, just because I wear a jacket and a Spider-Man mask. To be honest, I don't care, I'm just interrogating other bike thieves. I fight the drug dealers and muggers just to pass time when I'm frustrated with having no leads.

When walking along the road I saw two guys trying to steal the tires from a Honda scooter.
I took some photos on my Polaroid.
I ran across the road, dodging any vehicle that came in my way and punched one of them so hard, he was knocked out. The other guy swung his spanner at me, missing me. I grabbed under his ribs and punched his face. He screamed, tried to swing the spanner again, I grabbed it and struck his head, knocking him out. 
I took them to a nearby alley and waited for them to wake up.

"Have you seen a (model_name) motorcycle?" I asked. They were silent. I gagged them with their shirt and broke a few of their fingers, desperate for an answer. 
After removing their gag, I asked, "Let me rephrase it. Did you guys steal a (model_name) motorcycle a few days ago? 
I tied them up, stuck the photos on their forehead and searched for anyone to vent my frustration on after running out of fingers to break.

The streets were awfully quiet.
I had a feeling that something was not right. Somehow this is more fun than most of my hobbies. 
When I was returning to the dumpster, I noticed a few men arguing with a woman near the dumpster. I ran towards them with a smile.
One of them tackled me from behind.
"Scarlet Spider, you are under arrest!" he said
It was a trap! 
I kicked his groin and tried to run away. But I heard a BANG, then I fell, they shot my leg. I was crying in agonizing pain as they handcuffed me.

For more stories and flash fictions follow me on SnipFic 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

That Night

A Love Triangle

Transformers: Deception ; Chapter 1