HeatWave - The Melting Skin

The Trinity test has gone wrong,
The world is a wasteland,
What's next???



HeatWave
Author : Balasrinikesh Dhanavel aka Bala on SnipFic 

"It's really hot" he whispered with his half-melted face.
The last person I live for was reaching his end.
I said, "Don't worry, we'll find a way" holding back my tears.
The next heatwave was getting closer.
This time I wouldn't be able to save him. I hugged him with my shells facing the heatwave. I was crying, my tears were vaporized. 
 Before the heat consumed him, he said, "Thank you for being with me, don't blame yourself, it's not your fault I didn't become a humanoid crab"
I fainted as I tried my best to protect him.

Context: 
The Trinity test has gone wrong and changed the world, causing storms of radiation aka heatwaves every few weeks.
Most people died instantly, some people died slowly over multiple heatwaves and very few people mutated (only a few of them are able to survive the current condition). 
The narrator has undergone carcinization, Carcinization is an evolutionary process where non-crab organisms independently evolve into a crab-like body

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Inheritance

A Love Triangle

Darwin